So do you think you can present your startup idea in five minutes? That is what the 10 startups masterfully did at Arabnet’s Startup Battle in Cairo on April 24th at AlMaqarr Coworking Space, the Greek Campus. The event was proudly hosted by yours truly, Startups Galaxy.
Over 100 attendees came to listen to the exciting pitches given by the startups, from accelerators and investors to supporters and friends. Now what are the 10 startups that made it, you must be wondering?
- Chefaa: a mobile application that helps patients with chronic illnesses order, refill and locate their needed medicines through an AI model.
- Social Buildingz: a platform that helps users find the most suitable interior designers, home decor specialists, and contractors.
- Botme: a platform that brings together professional business operation management and building seamless and interactive chatbots.
- 3yadtty.com: a platform that connects patients with nearby health professionals.
- Arcast: podcast producing company for listeners, advertisers, and audio producers in the Middle East.
- Elmawkaa: a mobile application that helps construction firms and professionals find, compare, and buy construction material.
- Gleee: a mobile app that helps content creators rent professional camera equipment from the equipment owners within the same geographical area.
- Helpee: a mobile application that offers physical help services for people with disabilities.
- PraxiLabs: a platform that provides immersive 3D simulations of science labs for educational institutions and students.
- Tajir: a platform that helps suppliers in handling and shipping their products to end users.
These 10 promising startups presented their work to a panel of prestigious judges. We had Zeina Mandour, General Manager at Cairo Angels, Aly Khairy, Venture Associate at Modus Capital, Albert Malaty, Flat6Labs Cairo’s Managing Director, Karim Abd el Kader, Head of Marketing & Growth at A15, and Habiba Helmi, Hub Director at MINT Incubator.
The atmosphere was buzzing with excitement. Attendees had a great chance to network and meet some of Cairo’s most innovative individuals. It was great to be around people whom you know are set to make a positive impact on the startup ecosystem.
And the winners are…
Now to the moment that everyone had been waiting for! The three winners who will present their work at Arabnet Beirut 2019 and win paid flight tickets to Lebanon, paid accommodation in Beirut, booth exhibit and investor lounge access, are *drumroll*
Chefaa, PraxiLabs, and Botme!
We are super excited for these three promising startups and sincerely hope that one of them will win the grand prize at Arabnet Beirut, $20,000 in cash and acceleration scholarship in Silicon Valley by TechWadi, just to name a few.
More Arabnet Goodness!