Only 3 startups have been accepted from Egypt, to be featured in this year’s Web Summit 2020. Startups Galaxy will be among these startups, as it has been accepted as part of the global tech and startups’ ecosystem’s gathering.
Startups Galaxy is joining the event as the first startups’ platform in the Middle East with hundreds of startups in its directory, 17 of which have been assisted with growth in less than 6 months.
Also, Startups Galaxy is joining the event with a new product expansion for adjacent users of our startups platform, which we will be doing a beta launching for mid-November 2020! Stay tuned to find out what’s launching for Web Summit.
About Web Summit 2020:
Europe’s biggest technology conference, which will go fully online next December 2020, from Wednesday the 2nd till Friday the 4th. It will be hosted on an online platform the company developed to host its tech conference.
Web Summit, which will go ahead from Lisbon, Portugal, will include 2,500+ startups, 800+ speakers, 1,250+ investors, 2,000+ journalists, and 100,000+ attendees from 150+ countries.
Startups from Egypt:
Besides ‘Startups Galaxy’, there will be 2 startups from Egypt: ‘CareSquare’ and ‘Digifi’.
- CareSquare is a mobile application that brings the healthcare network at your fingertips, such as dentists, cardiologists, pediatrics, dermatologists and other kinds of specialties in the medical field.
- As for Digifi, it is an Egyptian startup which acts as a WiFi-enabled platform, enabling business owners to expand their audience base through advertising campaigns.
Startups from the Middle East:
Also there will be startups from the Middle East, such as ‘Crunchmoms’, ‘Greener Screen fz IIc’, and ‘uMore’ from the United Arab Emirates. Moreover, ‘OTO’ from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and ‘oVRlebanon’ from Lebanon.
- Crunchmoms: is a networking platform from the UAE, which aims to connect moms who thrive to boost their careers.
- Greener Screen fz IIc: is a social enterprise, offering their consultancy services to productions and companies in the MENA region, in hope to become a Net Zero Emissions industry.
- uMore: is a health platform for people living in the Middle East region, which helps them in managing their mental health in a better way, with the help of Behavioral Science and AI technology.
- OTO: is a tech startup based in Saudi Arabia, which helps retailers to deliver order from physical stores to customers.
- oVRlebanon: is a 3D scanning company and directory based in Lebanon, which enables people to search for businesses and visit through virtual reality.
Web Summit’s speakers & investors:
Some of the 800+ speakers are Eric Yuan; Founder & CEO of Zoom, Ursula von der Leyen; President of the European Commission, Chris Evans; Co-founder of A Starting Point, Aileen Lee; Founder & Partner of Cowboy Ventures, and Mike Schroepfer; CTO of Facebook.
Moreover, from the 1,250+ investors at Web Summit 2020, there will be Ray Dalio; founder, Co-chief Investment Officer & Co-chairman at Bridgewater Associates. Also, Nisa Leung; Managing Partner at Qiming Venture Partners, Fred Wilson; Co-founder at Union Square Ventures, Garry Tan; Co-founder & Managing Partner at Initialized Capital, and Reid Hoffman; Co-Founder & Partner at Greylock Partners.
Back in the 2019 event, Web Summit hosted more than 70,000 people. The tech conference hosted prominent speakers before, such as Tesla CEO Elon Musk and U.S. intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden.
See you in December!